Theft is the second most common homeowner’s insurance claim behind fire damage. To encourage homeowners to be more proactive in securing their homes, most insurance companies will offer home insurance discounts for security and automation systems. Combined with the opportunity of a discount, homeowners will also be able to avoid a potential 20% increase of their rates from filing a claim. In many cases, this savings covers the cost of a professionally installed and monitored UL-listed system.
The average monetary cost of a home burglary is $2416 plus home invasions are terrifying crimes. Fortunately, they can be either deterred or prevented. According to a survey from the University of North Carolina, 60% of convicted burglars say that they avoided houses that had visible signs of home security and automation systems, such as stickers, signs, or visible cameras. However, it is important to keep in mind that not all home security and automation systems are created equal. When a homeowner chooses DIY over professional installation failure can occur when they need protection the most! In addition, most DIY systems do not qualify for home insurance discounts.
The team at IET Security and Automation are residential and commercial security and automation experts locally based here in Mobile, AL. With over 35 years of experience, they are relationship-focused and believe in quality over quantity. They only use UL-listed equipment which combined with their professional installation and monitoring service can save homeowners up to 20% on insurance premiums! IET Security and Automation is more than your average security and automation company and they will help homeowners protect what matters most. Providing the peace of mind homeowners need when facing a crisis is the driving force that makes them the experts you can trust. They are the experts, providing solutions that help homeowners avoid unforeseen costs.
Stats to know:
- There are 2.5 million burglaries per year with 28% of burglaries occurring while someone is still in the house
- More than 25% of those who interrupt burglars become the victims of violent crimes
- Homes without a security system have a 300% more chance of getting burglarized
- Visible signs of a home security system such as cameras, stickers, and signs can reduce the chance of home burglary by up to 87%
- 65% of burglars choose to strike during the day with the master bedroom being the most common first target
- Only 17% of US homes have a security system
- Home insurance premiums can be reduced up to 20% with a professionally installed and monitored security system with UL-listed equipment
- 60% of consumers list “peace of mind” as the primary reason for acquiring their home security system
Contact IET Security and Automation today for a free security consultation.
Hindsight is 20/20 however protecting your assets and family should not be left to chance.
Let the experts help you protect what matters most!!